In this phase, I focus on researching the market to explore business wants and needs. I also use a user-centered design approach to learn how to better understand people and their behaviors. I observe their lives, hear their hopes and desires, and define the scope of the problem.
I make sense of all of the ideas and research that I have learned, generate tons of ideas, identify opportunities for design, build rough prototypes of my ideas, and test and refine my solutions and strategies. With this, I create unique solutions to validate the initial proposal.
User-centered design enables me to arrive at solutions that are desirable, feasible, and viable. Here I bring my solutions to life after prototypes are evaluated with users and refined. I figure out how to get ideas and what I create out to the market and how to maximize its impact.
- Rebranding one of the top Wynwood restaurants in order to give a look that reflects its reputation.
- A data story website that explores the context, poverty, achievement gaps, enrollment and life after graduation for California students.
- A messaging and management app add-on that allows users to write or say what items they need so they never forget to make a purchase.
- This website integrates and applies the knowledge and skills that I have learned during my coursework of my MFA.
- An application that provides flood predictions and alerts so you are always aware of a flooding situation before it’s too late.